Friday, January 30, 2009

about an issue I am concerned about in my home community

Armenia is a country which nowadays has many problems which are unsolved. There are minor problems as dirty streets, unpleasant underground shops and so on. But there are also some problems which I am really concerned about in my country such as unsolved relations with neighbor countries. Since my childhood I have been wondering why isn’t it possible to go to Azerbaijan, to make friends there and invite them to our country. That is really a huge problem right now and I truly hope that all these minor and huge issues which my country is facing now will be solved in nearest future

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lilit,

    Even as a British citizen (I'm half-Armenian), I can't go to Azerbaijan either because of my surname. However, like you say, I hope that can change in the future and I hope that you and other Dotcom participants in the U.S., Armenia and Azerbaijan will be one reason for that change. Meanwhile, I have many Azerbaijani friends who I talk to via email or chat. Met some of them in Tbilisi, but hope one day to meet those I know from online in person. Would like to see them visit Yerevan, and I'd like to go to Baku. Here's hoping. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great point. I am so happy that we US members will have the opportunity to assist in this change. :)

    ReplyDelete